Position: Landscape Estimator / Designer
Sponzilli Landscape Group, a renowned full-service landscape company located in Fairfield, NJ and serving Northern NJ and NYC is seeking qualified applicants for the position of LANDSCAPE ESTIMATOR/DESIGNER.
The position is full time salary and entails working closely with an established team to determine quality bids and estimate the projects through completion. The position includes an administrative assistant to work directly with you to aid in task completion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The candidate will be working directly with project managers and owners through all phases, including:
- Ability to review RFP’s, bid documents, and communicate with GC’s to define an appropriate scope of work to be bid.
- Material and subcontractor quotes (solicit/analysis/negotiating/buyout)
- Estimating & Takeoffs
- Shop drawings and submittals
- Ability to coordinate bidding of multiple projects simultaneously
- Bid scopes will include but are not limited to planting, grading, green roofs, urban landscapes, erosion control, site work, site amenities, soils, & hardscapes
- Excellent mathematical skills
- MUST be proficient using Microsoft Excel and CADD
- Strong time management and ability to manage deadlines
- Detailed approach and extremely organized work approach
- Strong computer skills, comfortable with data entry/ processing with “industry specific” software. (i.e. On Center/ CADD)
- Ability to see “big picture” & work autonomously on projects through completion
- Creative, pro-active problem solving skills
Education: College degree (landscape/construction related) or minimum 3 years’ experience as landscape estimator is preferred. Construction and site work experience a plus. Certified in NY/NJ a plus.
Special Skills and Certifications:
- Strong command of written and verbal English language required
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
Required Culture / Characteristics:
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics: Unquestioned honesty, ethics, integrity, ambitious, self-motivated, strong work ethic, takes ownership, professional and forthright, courteous, cordial, neat, organized, structured work approach, and will possess a “Can-do” upbeat attitude.
Compensation & Benefits;
- Full time salary starting at $65,000-$85,000 based on experience
- Medical Health benefits and 401k/Simple with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Continuing education opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for industry-related classes
- Drug-free workplace
- Family-oriented environment