Position: Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Supervisor is an experienced professional directing the activities of Maintenance Foreman and Maintenance Crew Members in the Maintenance Division. He or she assures that team resources are used efficiently, personnel are adequately developed, and client needs are met.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervises daily maintenance activities of all maintenance crews.
- Reviews schedule board updated daily.
- Reviews daily timesheets for assigned for accuracy and approves for entry.
- Reviews and monitors estimated vs. actual time each week and reports recommendations to Production Manager
- Assists crews as necessary to meet production schedules by mowing, spraying, weeding, irrigation repair/adjustment or any other tasks necessary.
- Teaches, educates & trains team members on equipment operation & safety, proper horticultural techniques, irrigation system operation, lighting system operation, water feature care & maintenance.
- Communicates daily with team members and explains the day’s tasks. Answers calls & e-mails from clients, Director, Production Manager and team members to ensure efficient production of the work.
- Learns and has a working knowledge of all properties, responsibilities and knows limits of work.
- Checks in daily at each site with the manager or owner of daily tasks to be performed.
- Notifies Client of the work to be performed for that day if the Client isn’t present via email or a phone call.
- Updates the Client Communication Board daily.
- Monitors quality of work by inspecting job sites regularly.
- All sites to be visited at least once every 2 weeks.
- Inspects for pest or cultural damage, treats or recommends treatments as needed to keep landscapes looking healthy.
- Makes recommendations to the Production Manager or Director on sprinkler system adjustments.
- Informs Production Manager for Client related problems, property damage, tasks, schedule, events, etc.
- By means of observation and client interaction, recommends enhancement opportunities to the client.
- Reviews new work proposed by Production Manager to ensure estimated times/materials are accurate.
- Enforces safe work behavior and maintains safe work sites.
- Recognizes deficiencies from crews and addresses in training opportunity.
- Oversees daily/weekly maintenance of all equipment of assigned crews.
- Ensure team members are conducting their daily job duties in the morning.
- Assists in works orders per account and distributes to the Maintenance Foreman.
- Manages the use of Seed/Penn Mulch and RoundUp.
- Updates the Mechanic of repairs.
- Keeps Director informed of materials and supplies/equipment needed by team leaders to complete tasks.
- Supports the company’s mission, goals, and strategic plans.
- Assist with other duties for the good of team members and the Company.
- Review all properties with Quality Review Form
- Must keep shop clean, and boxes, materials must be put into proper locations.
- Holds monthly meetings with Forman’s to talk about crew member issues, property issues and or concerns.
- Once a month check all truck and inspection stickers and notify office admin of any issues.
Education: High School Diploma
Special Skills and Certifications:
- Strong command of written and verbal English language required
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, supervisory skills, and a mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license
- Training course certifications of relating to landscape construction or team management preferred.
- Smoke-free vehicles, client property and offices
- Drug-free workplace
- Working in seasonal weather conditions (inclement weather)
- Willingness and able to work 40-45 hours per week.
- Must be willing to travel as required
- Be available at all times to receive phone calls
- The employee is expected to work the assigned hours from Monday through Friday, Saturdays as needed.
- The work hours required of this position may be long when extended schedules are necessary.
Compensation & Benefits;
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and dental
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Continuing education opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for industry-related classes
- Drug-free workplace
- Family-oriented environment