Outdoor Living Space Design
North Caldwell, NJ
This outdoor living spaces design in North Caldwell, NJ includes two separate outdoor rooms, the kitchen-dining area and the living area.
A raised patio and an on-grade patio were installed in the back yard. The raised patio has a perimeter of seat walls with a dual purpose. The seat walls retain the patio and add additional seating by increasing the height of the wall to a seat or chair height.
An outdoor kitchen, built-in pergola, outdoor fireplace, outdoor fire pit, and a vanishing-edge water wall were all included in the landscape plan.
In the front yard, the entrance was enlarged and brought out and away from the front door. The walkway includes steps spread far apart from each other as an easier transition or break to the front door. The area directly in front of the entrance door is a small gathering area when you have parties or events at your home.
Stunning landscape lighting provides the ability to utilize these outdoor living spaces to dine and entertain long into the evening.
The main project features include:
- Travertine slab patio with brown stone tread and patio border
- Wet-laid cinder block seat walls with Eldorado Nantucket Stone veneer to match the rest of the landscape
- Cedar pergola with two columns built into the kitchen and attached to the home
- Outdoor electric fireplace with Eldorado Nantucket Stone veneer
- Outdoor fire pit built from cinder block with Eldorado Nantucket Stone with a brown stone cap and electric linear fire trough
- Water wall and pond